Tenth of December - George Saunders I feel a little bad that I wasn't more taken with this collection. Saunders' amazing talent is on display, but I thought the interest generated in each story was mixed, and some didn't really wow me at all, including the title story. The world that is imaginatively reworked in [b:In Persuasion Nation|28746|In Persuasion Nation|George Saunders|https://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1355955390s/28746.jpg|1128238] was much more compelling, though evoked in a few stories here, such as the amazing "Escape from Spiderhead" and "The Semplica Girl Diaries." The latter, sadly, is near-fatally marred by the awkward and unnecessary sentence structures.

I wonder whether there was a doesn't-fare-well-on-audiobook problem here, except that the reader was absolutely perfect in capturing the voice of the various narrators, so I thought. This is especially obvious in stories like "Al Roosten" and "My Chivalric Fiasco," but even in one of the most subtle and interesting of all, I thought: "Home."